Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Trying to keep these posts a bit more regular.

This week's been fairly fun. Saturday night was a blast, and Sunday was a recovery from that blast. Monday, we discussed potential side projects and had a language class.

And yesterday, we had film language, which discusses the core of filmmaking. Interesting stuff, actually, but the class itself was kind of intense. I suppose I shall simply get used to it.

Today, we had film theory/directing, and it was quite entertaining. My teacher declared Leni Riefenstahl an "immortal bitch" for taking so long to die (she was 101). Granted, her best film was for the Nazi movement, but she made one of the most powerful propaganda pieces ever. It's hard to debate. However, my teacher's endured two oppressive forms of government (Nazism and Communism) so it's really hard to argue with his opinions.

This weekend, Vefik and I are planning to go to Vienna, Austria. I'm really looking forward to it. There's a film festival there right now. Hopefully we can go to Budapest and Warsaw soon. And it's really been too long since I've been to Prague. And maybe I'll end up in Germany before the break in December.

I need to post pictures. As soon as I can figure it out, I will.

1 comment:

Jean said...

I love everything about your blog. The pictures are magnificent and your writing is great. I am so happy you are getting to do all of these woonderful things! I really Miss you!
Your favorite aunt named Jean